CANI Career Academy
The next CANI Career Academy will be in September 2014. Please check back to confirm class start date and orientation dates.
If you have any questions about the CANI Career Academy, please call 260-423-3546 ext. 262.
The Career Academy is a four-week, 60-hour training program providing job-readiness training, and pre- and post-placement services including job placement, education, skills and interest assessments, and personal and professional development.
The four weeks of the Career Academy focus on:
- How to earn trust through time and effort
- Identifying skills and abilities
- How to make a good first impression
- How to set goals and make them SMART (Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic, Time-managed)
- Improving job searching strategies & tips for breaking into the hidden job market
- Tips for filling out employment applications
- How to sell oneself and appropriately discuss a criminal background
- Building a resume, cover letter, and reference sheet
- Mock interviewing with professionals from the community
- Career and personality assessments and creation of a Career Action Plan
- Financial literacy training to improve skills in budgeting and money management
- Meeting local banking institutions and college admissions representatives
- A hands-on simulated work project
Upon successful completion of the Career Academy, graduates will have the opportunity to enroll in Opportunity Staffing, Blue Jacket's in-house staffing agency.