CANI Career Academy
The next CANI Career Academy will begin Monday, February 24 at 2:00pm. Sessions will be held Monday through Friday from 2:00pm-4:45pm from February 24 through March 21.
Required 90 minute orientations will be held every Tuesday at 12:00 noon at Blue Jacket (2826 S. Calhoun St. Fort Wayne, IN).
The Career Academy is a four-week, 60-hour training program providing job-readiness training, and pre- and post-placement services including job placement, education, skills and interest assessments, and personal and professional development.
The four weeks of the Career Academy focus on:
- How to earn trust through time and effort
- Identifying skills and abilities
- How to make a good first impression
- How to set goals and make them SMART (Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic, Time-managed)
- Improving job searching strategies & tips for breaking into the hidden job market
- Tips for filling out employment applications
- How to sell oneself and appropriately discuss a criminal background
- Building a resume, cover letter, and reference sheet
- Mock interviewing with professionals from the community
- Career and personality assessments and creation of a Career Action Plan
- Financial literacy training to improve skills in budgeting and money management
- Meeting local banking institutions and college admissions representatives
- A hands-on simulated work project
Upon successful completion of the Career Academy, graduates will have the opportunity to enroll in Opportunity Staffing, Blue Jacket's in-house staffing agency.