CANI Career Academy
The Career Academy is a four-week, 60-hour training program providing job-readiness training, and pre- and post-placement services including job placement, education, skills and interest assessments, and personal and professional development.
The four weeks of the Career Academy focus on:
- How to earn trust through time and effort
- Identifying skills and abilities
- How to make a good first impression
- How to set goals and make them SMART (Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic, Time-managed)
- Improving job searching strategies & tips for breaking into the hidden job market
- Tips for filling out employment applications
- How to sell oneself and appropriately discuss a criminal background
- Building a resume, cover letter, and reference sheet
- Mock interviewing with professionals from the community
- Career and personality assessments and creation of a Career Action Plan
- Financial literacy training to improve skills in budgeting and money management
- Meeting local banking institutions and college admissions representatives
- A hands-on simulated work project
The next CANI Career Academy will begin on Monday, January 5, 2015. Classes will be held Monday - Friday from 2:00pm – 5:00pm for four weeks. All participants must attend a 90 minute orientation prior to the class start date. Orientations will be held Tuesday, December 16 and Tuesday, December 30 at noon at Blue Jacket (2826 S. Calhoun St.)
If you have any questions about the CANI Career Academy, please call 260-423-3546 ext. 262.
Upon successful completion of the Career Academy, graduates will have the opportunity to enroll in Opportunity Staffing, Blue Jacket's in-house staffing agency.